In the frame of Small Satellites Design & Development activites, SITAEL is looking for a Payload System Engineer in the field of Telecommunications in LEO/MEO (constellations), with mid-level experience (2-5 years) in the field of Telecom Payload Engineering, preferably at system level (also for MEO/GEO projects).
The Telecom Payload System Engineer will directly report to Space Systems Division Manager and to the assigned Project Technical Manager.
The main tasks will be:
– Technical focal point for Telecommunications payload (missions) in the department
– Responsibility of Telecom P/L development roadmap
– Issue of Payload Technical Specifications (Antenna, Repeater sections)
– Issue of Payload Technical Documentation (antenna design, RF sizing-analysis, thermal-mechanical design, justification, AIV-AIT plans)
– Technical coordination (follow-up) of Telecom Payload providers
– Manage the technical interface with E2E system, Satellite and Platform authorities.
It is required:
– Master Degree in Aerospace or Electronic or Telecommunication Engineering (5y+);
– At least 2 years of experience in SAR Payload Engineering, ideally 5 years, with expertise at system level;
– At least one experience relevant to an SAR Payload development (X or C or L band);
– Good knowledge of Satellite Design and its subsystems/functions;
– Good knowledge of Space Mission Design & Analysis;
– Capability of performing technical coordination;
– Good knwoledge of satellite lifecycle and System Engineering methods and tools (requirement management, tradeoff studies, Sys ML);
– Very good knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, MS VISIO, DOORS, Matlab Simulink;
– Very good knowledge of English and preferably also French.