SITAEL is the largest privately-owned Space Company in Italy leading the development of the Small Satellites sector. With over 350 employees and state-of-the-art facilities, SITAEL covers all the processes needed for the Design, Development and Production of Small Satellites, Advanced Propulsion Systems, Instruments and Avionics.
The system propulsion engineer expert will participate to the Electrical Propulsion and Chemical Propulsion design and development.
He is a major contributor for establishing the equipment selection, the components development and qualification test plan.
His contribution also extends to planning and updating assembly, integration, test and verification schemes within the programme (in cooperation with the other systems).
Main Responsabilities and Activities
- Architecture definition (electric and chemical propulsion systems);
- Requirements definition and management;
- Mass and power budgets definition;
- Definition of DDVP at subsystem level; Interface with commercial and institutional customers and suppliers;
- Support to PMO for schedule management;
- Delivery of technical contributions for proposals and reviews.
Qualifications/Knowledge/Experience required/Technical skills
- Master Degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar, System Engineering, Fluid Dynamic, Space Propulsion (Electrical & Chemical), SW (ECOSIMPro, Matlab, DOORS).
- Experience/Seniority: 5+
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Talent Development
- Confident Honesty
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
Internal: SITAEL Propulsion team (system, engineering at lower level), SITAEL PMO and PA Offices
External: ESA, ASI, OHB, Thales Alenia Space, Airbus Defence & Space, Leonardo, Main fluidic items OTS suppliers