In the frame of Small Satellites Design & Development activites, SITAEL is looking for a Payload System Engineer in the filed of Earth Observation SAR (active, passive) Instruments, with mid-level experience (2-5 years) in the field of SAR Payload Engineering, preferably at system level.
The SAR Payload System Engineer will directly report to Space Systems Division Manager and to the assigned Project Technical Manager.
The main tasks will be:
– Technical focal point for EO SAR payload (missions) in the department
– Responsibility of SAR P/L development roadmap
– Issue of Payload Technical Specifications (Antenna, electronics sections)
– Issue of Payload Technical Documentation (design, RF sizing-analysis, thermal-mechanical design, justification, AIV-AIT plans)
– Technical coordination (follow-up) of SAR Payload providers
– Manage the technical interface with E2E system, Satellite and Platform authorities.
It is required:
– Master Degree in Aerospace or Electronic or Telecommunication Engineering (5y+);
– At least 2 years of experience in SAR Payload Engineering, ideally 5 years, with expertise at system level;
– At least one experience relevant to an SAR Payload development (X or C or L band);
– Good knowledge of Satellite Design and its subsystems/functions;
– Good knowledge of Space Mission Design & Analysis;
– Capability of performing technical coordination;
– Good knwoledge of satellite lifecycle and System Engineering methods and tools (requirement management, tradeoff studies, Sys ML);
– Very good knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, MS VISIO, DOORS, Matlab Simulink;
– Very good knowledge of English and preferably also French.