In the frame of Small Satellites Design & Development activites, SITAEL is looking for a Payload System Engineer in the filed of Earth Observation Optical Instruments, with mid-level experience (2-5 years) in the field of Optical Payload Engineering, preferably at system level.
The Optical Payload System Engineer will directly report to Space Systems Division Manager and to the assigned Project Technical Manager.
The main tasks will be:
– Technical focal point for EO optical payload (missions) in the department
– Responsibility of optical P/L internal developments (i.e. thermal infrared instrument)
– Issue of Payload Technical Specifications (both optical and electronic sections)
– Issue of Payload Technical Documentation (design, optical sizing-analysis, thermal design, justification, AIV-AIT plans)
– Technical coordination (follow-up) of Optical Payload providers
– Manage the technical interface with E2E system, Satellite and Platform authorities.
It is required:
– Aerospace or Electronic Engineering (5y+) Master Degree;
– At least 2 years of experience in Optical Payload Engineering, ideally 5 years, with expertise at system level;
– At least one experience relevant to an Optical Payload development among VIS (PAN-RGB), Hyperspectral, Thermal Infrared instruments/technologies;
– Good knowledge of Satellite Design and its subsystems/functions;
– Good knowledge of Space Mission Design & Analysis;
– Capability of performing technical coordination;
– Good knwoledge of satellite lifecycle and System Engineering methods and tools (requirement management, tradeoff studies, Sys ML);
– Very good knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, MS VISIO, DOORS, Matlab Simulink;
– Very good knowledge of English and preferably also French.
Workplace: Mola di Bari (BA) or Pisa