The Experienced Avionics Satellite Architect works in the Space Systems Division and reports directly to the Head of Division. This resource is in charge of all the activities in the Design & Development field at the avionics sub-system level (Data Handling and AOCS) with reference to micro- and mini- Satellite projects.
In particular he/she is in charge of the following activities:
– definition of the functional architecture of the satellite;
– preparation of the Data Handling Specification (Command & Control) and AOCS (Attitude & Orbit Control Systems);
– management of the technical aspects with the customer concerning avionics aspects;
– management and coordination of activities in the avionics lower level (e.g. on-board units, such as on-board computers, sensors and on-board actuators);
– preparation and management of AOCS analyses (pointing budget, AOCS simulations, sensitivity & robustness analysis);
– preparation and management of Satellite Telemetry and Control Database;
– functional verification and validation of the satellite (Requirement Test preparation).
– Master’s Degree in Aerospace/Electronics Engineering;
– at least 10 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of Avionics Subsystems (Command & Control and AOCS) of board satellites for various applications (e.g. Earth Observation and Telecommunications);
– at least 2 years’ experience in the position of Technical Manager for the area of avionics projects in the space field;
– consolidated knowledge of the methodologies and processes within the Space Systems Engineering and Lifecycle Design & Development of a satellite system;
– good MS Project, MS Office, Matlab skills;
– result orientation, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills, leadership skills, stress resistance, time management;
– good knowledge of written and spoken English.
The placement and remuneration will be able to attract the most qualified candidates.
Workplace: Mola di Bari (BA). Candidates must be available for national and international business trips.